- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- 5-7 drops lavender oil
1) Combine the baking soda and arrowroot powder OR cornstarch in a bowl.
2) Stir in the coconut oil. It is difficult at first, but will start to soften after you stir a bit. I find using a fork makes it easier.
3) Add your essential oils of choice. I added Lavender and Tea Tree Oil specifically because they have antibacterial properties. I also use citrus a lot too.
4) Stir it all together and you’re done! You only need a small amount on the tip of your finger to spread over your armpits.
*The mixture does harden after a few hours and becomes a deodorant-like texture, but it’s still possible to smooth it on with the finger because it softens with body heat.
*Arrowroot powder is less irritating than cornstarch, and is a good replacement.
*After shaving, I first apply plain coconut oil to my underarms. Then, I either apply the deodorant (if I’m leaving the house) or wait a few hours to apply it if I’m staying home. It has worked very well to prevent red bumps and irritation.
Cheers to non-smelly armpits!